by Mr. Baby Proofer | Jan 4, 2017 | 0 comments
It’s time! You have made it through many stages, the night-time feedings, the early morning feedings, taking turns getting up, taking on the extra bed so Dad can get up and safely drive to work without falling asleep. Now it’s time to transition to the “big kid bed”! This stage can be a scary as it is exciting, the realization will hit that your child is now able to get up and move about the house as you sleep. Please don’t fear! It will be just fine, and below are some tips to keep your little one safe and give you peace of mind during this exciting stage of transition.
- Do a thorough inspection of your child’s room.
- Pay attention to electrical hazards and make sure that all cords and outlets are secured.
- Secure furnitures such as dressers, TV’s and any furniture that is taller than it is wide.
- Install a safety gate on your child’s door so if your child is to awake he or she will go to the gate and be able to call out to you versus panicking because the door is closed.
- Keep your baby monitor on.
- Make sure your child’s toddler bed is equipped with a bed rail to prevent him from falling out of bed.
- Make sure all mini-blind cords are tied up out of your child’s reach.
After making sure your child’s room is as safe as can be all that is left is to put your child down at bedtime and be patient! Your little one will adapt to that big kid bed before you know it!